Through the Nightmares
Main IdeaHelp the Sandman to overcome all fears in the hardcore action-platformer Through the Nightmares. Find and rescue the children, fight all their phobias! Defeat the almighty Morpheus!
Die, resurrect, learn from mistakes and try again!
Main DescriptionABOUT THE GAME
Through the Nightmares — is the atmospheric hardcore action-platformer in low-poly style. You will have to be in the role of Sandman wandering the world of children's nightmares, to find children in them and overcome their fears. Save them all from the trap of the almighty Morpheus!
- Immerse yourself in the magical atmosphere of childhood nightmares. 45 levels, divided into 3 chapters, filled with a challenge and colorful locations, assembled and detailed by hand are waiting for you. Every child's dream is a unique universe. Don't let kids get stuck in dreams and help them overcome their fears!
- Learn to combine Sandman's skills! The main character can change in size, which, of course, helps to slip where others cannot. But the only way to really discover the ability is to study how the mechanics of the surrounding world react to its use;
- Pick up and use a resurrection flask with magical sand, which will allow you not to return to the beginning of the level after each death (and there will be many of them);
- Interact with the environment. A lot of mechanics are designed to push the player to use already familiar abilities in a new way, changing the gameplay and forcing them to experiment;
- Find secrets! The nightmare world is filled with mysteries, and the destruction of obstacles will allow you to open shortcuts that simplify (and sometimes complicate) the passage of the level.
- No need to count timings! In Through the Nightmares, most of the environment mechanics work to the beat of the music, so all you have to do is listen to the rhythm to choose the right moments.
You have to learn how to combine mechanics in order to survive. The shrinking mechanic not only allows you to get into hard-to-reach places, but also affects the physical features of the hero, creating many unique gameplay situations.
With the help of a hit, you can break platforms, opening initially closed paths and alternative routes. All changes on levels are not reset upon death.
Many environment mechanics react to Sandman's abilities. Figure out how to use them to your advantage to get out of the nightmare.
You do not have to spend hundreds of attempts to replay already learned parts of the levels after each death. A checkpoint flask will help you! You just need to find it at the level, catch, place it anywhere you like!
Your gaming skills play an important role. "Through The Nightmares" is an action game that is all about constant improvement. After dying, use the knowledge gained to get step by step closer to the finish line.
LOCATIONS GRAPHIC STYLE
The game consists of three chapters-dreams, each one tells the story of a individual child. The dreams of each child are atmospheric locations with unique setting, manually filled with a large number of details. They are not similar to each other, just as the children are different: everyone has their own hobbies, impressions and fears.
You have to stay overnight in a gloomy forest, explore the depths of space and visit the era of knights. However, you will not be able to enjoy the moment, as everything around will try to kill you.
OBSTACLES AND ENEMIES
Everything in the world of dreams: both enemies and ordinary objects will be set against you. Just one touch of childish fear is enough to kill the main character, so be careful!
The game takes place in the world of dreams. You in the role of the Sandman have to extricate the child from the trap of his own dreams. As you progress through the game, you will learn more about the child and the nature of his fears, and the child's stuff found on levels will appear in his room, making it more personal. In addition to the fears of the child, you will be confronted by the god of nightmares - Morpheus, who has a personal motivation to prevent the child from getting out of sleep.