Encased: A Sci-Fi Post-Apocalyptic RPG
Dark Crystal Games
IdeaTurn-based sci-fi RPG
a turn-based sci-fi RPG. A game for those who love Fallout, Divinity:
Original Sin, Wasteland and Shadowrun. Make decisions, fight, study
anomalies, survive, craft and find equipment in the anomalous Zone under the
Dome, cut off from the outside world. Immediately after the prologue, the
hero will be in the open world accessible for research. The old order is no
more. The wasteland is divided between five fractions. Join one of them or be
a loner and get ready to change the future of the Dome and its
– Become a driving force in a large-scale story that runs before, during and after the apocalypse.
– Start the game in one of the five divisions of the corporation, get unique opportunities, mechanics, gameplay options.
– Threaten, persuade and bribe: the dialogue system of the game offers a load of mechanics, and you can achieve your goal in different ways.
– Fight smart: spend action points carefully. Use food, stimulants and different types of weapons to gain an advantage over the enemy.
– Upgrade your hero: learn dozens of useful skills. Learn to hack computers, knock down doors, disassemble mechanisms and apply pyrokinesis.
– Explore and study: scan relics to reveal the secrets of the Forefathers technology bit by bit, travel through the desert and find new places, anomalies and organisations.
– Make significant decisions: make allies and enemies, remember that sometimes compromises are impossible, and reputation is everything.
– Repair and create: forge armor, build cool guns and produce ammunition. And also repair cars and cook food, without this you cannot survive in the wasteland.
BackgroundWe are Dark Crystal Games – the new independent studio based in Saint-Petersburg, Russia and now we are working on Encased: the post-apocalyptic top-down RPG.
We are all mostly quite experienced developers with a lot of years in the industry and some good games shipped, among them: Divinity: Original Sin 2, Life Is Feudal: Forest Village, Mass Effect, Crossout, Leviathan: The Last Day of the Decade and some others. But now we are proud and excited to work on our first game as a team.
The studio now consists of fifteen developers with some other specialists helping us on the part-time basis. We are mostly looking for developers in Saint-Petersburg, though the team already features some member from Vladivostok, Kaliningrad, and Chelyabinsk, so we don't deny the possibility of the remote work.